Thank you for your interest in working with DM AIRPORTS, LTD, Operators of Morristown Airport. Below, please find a list of current open positions on our team. To apply for a position, please click the job title, read through the details, essential functions and other important information, and then click “Apply Now” at the bottom.
The Airport Operations Coordinator I is primarily responsible for acting as Airport Management’s representative to ensure efficient operations of the airport including enforcement of airport rules and regulations, resolving problems that arise, and following security protocols. This position is also responsible for all operations activities at airfield, fuel farm, etc.
As a member of the Airport Operations Department, you will play a critical role in ensuring DM effectively accomplishes all company responsibilities. Your day-to-day responsibilities have a direct impact on two of the three critical lines of business at DM as well as the overall operation of the airfield, which is why DM refers to our Airport Operations Department as “the eyes and ears” of the airport.
Within your role in the Airport Operations Department, you’ll oversee the airfield and our facilities daily, interact with all airport users and tenants, contribute to airport management and development projects, represent airport management, participate in industry-related conferences on behalf of DM, collaborate on company-wide initiatives, assist with based tenants, engage with administrative, marketing and accounting projects and much more.
Our Airport Operations Department has served as a foundational piece for an extensive list of aviation professionals both internally and across the nation. From Airport Managers, Chief Pilots, Directors of Operations, and more, working in DM’s Airport Operations Department will prepare you for your aviation industry journey.
- Must be able to lift, unassisted, up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to bend and push/pull frequently, squat, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, reach above shoulder level, and lift from high/low positions occasionally.
- Must be able to wear a N95 Particulate Respirator while working with certain chemicals/substances as defined under the Respiratory Protection Program.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to communicate effectively (reading, writing, speaking) in English.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle or machinery at all times.
- Must be willing to work a rotating shift including nights, weekends, and holidays. Also, willing to work a rotating on-call schedule, and respond to the Airport as needed, such as in the event of an aircraft or weather emergency.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of the Airport.
- Act as representative of Airport Management and assist in the enforcement of airport rules and regulations, resolving problems/queries with established operating procedures and protocols.
- Conduct airfield inspections. Identify, prevent, and/or remove all hazards to aviation including FOD, wildlife, obstructions, etc.
- Identify and report all deficiencies and/or irregularities found on the AOA, associated lighting, and NAVAID systems.
- Issue and records all NOTAMS.
- Investigate, log, and respond to all aircraft noise complaints.
- Oversee daily construction activities to ensure safety of operations areas around construction site and mitigate all operational hazards to aircraft.
- Act as liaison between Air Traffic Control, Morristown ARFF, and all other responding agencies during emergencies.
- Assist U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Department of Agriculture officials during international arrivals by marshalling aircraft in/out of the ramp and collecting international garbage.
- Conduct daily and periodic safety and quality control inspections of aviation fuel storage facility.
- Monitor all loading/offloading operations at the fuel storage facility.
- Operate the landing fee system, including logging transient tail numbers, generating invoices, processing payments, and resolving customer inquiries, etc.
- Create invoices and process receipts for Jet-A and 100LL Aviation Gasoline.
- Responsible for airport security, including badging, access control, challenging, and camera operation.
- Complete various administrative tasks including statistic reports.
- Act as member of the Snow Removal Team; responsible for snow removal equipment operation, braking action tests, Runway Condition Codes, and NOTAMS.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through various means including attending educational conferences, reviewing professional publications, building professional networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine required.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management or related field preferred.
- Previous work or internship experience in aviation industry preferred.