Access to Morristown Airport via Route 24 East will be impacted over the next month. Beginning Tuesday, April 7th at 1:00 PM, Exit 2B (510 East, Florham Park) will be closed for a storm water maintenance project. The project is expected to last approximately one month. Below, please find alternative routes to Morristown Airport during this construction project.
Route 24 eastbound to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound detour:
- Motorists wishing to take Route 24 eastbound to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound will be directed to continue on Route 24 eastbound
- Take Exit 7/River Road to JFK Parkway
- Stay in the right lane and take the exit for Rt 124 eastbound to JFK Parkway/Livingston/Millburn
- Stay in the right lane and take the Exit for JFK Parkway/Livingston/Short Hills Mall
- Turn right onto JFK Parkway
- Stay right and take the ramp to Route 24 westbound/Madison/Morristown
- Take the ramp for Exit 2A/B
- Take Exit 2B to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound
Route 24 Eastbound Exit 2A, (510 West, Morristown) will remain open during this project. Drivers can exit at 2A for Columbia Turnpike access, but will have to make a U-Turn to head back East towards Morristown Airport.
Alternative Route to Airport via 287 South:
Take I-287 S, S Jefferson Rd and Park Ave to Airport Rd
- Head southwest on I-287 S
- Take exit 39A to merge onto NJ-10 E toward Whippany
- Turn right onto S Jefferson Rd
- Turn left onto Cedar Knolls Rd
- Continue onto Park Ave
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Columbia Turnpike
- Turn left onto Airport Rd
The following is from MorrisCountyNJ.com. You can read the full Press Release by CLICKING HERE
Signed Detour to be in Place for One Month
The New Jersey Department of Transportation today announced the Route 24 eastbound ramp to Columbia Turnpike eastbound will be closed beginning tomorrow (Tuesday) for approximately one month as a storm water maintenance project begins in Florham Park
Beginning at 1 p.m. Tuesday, April 7, DOT’s contractor, IEW Construction Group, is scheduled to close and detour the Route 24 eastbound Exit 2B ramp to CR 510/Columbia Turnpike eastbound.
The closure will allow the contractor to repair a damaged drainage pipe underneath the roadway.
The following signed detour will be in place for approximately one month: